Saturday, February 14, 2015

Destined But Not Fated

On 14 February 2014, we were destined to meet. To be able to get to know a person is a sort of a destiny. Just imagine, out of the many billion human beings on this earth, you only manage to meet a number of people in your life. There are some who you get to know briefly and some slightly more deeply. Some people jus came and go, while some lasted slightly longer than the rest.


It was just a normal day,
At least it was for me,
To some it might be special,
As it was V Day, so you see.

It was a Friday, I remembered it well,
On my way to work, stopped by a cafe,
It was not my usual routine,
Not sure why i had to, that day.

And so I just made my order,
A sandwich and a coffee,
I guess it was my lucky day,
As I got the last ham and turkey.

The lady behind me was not so lucky,
As she wanted the ham and turkey too,
She paused and thought for quite a while,
And just did not know what to do.

I felt a little bad,
For grabbing that last one,
And so I offered to change,
And this made that lady stunned.

That was how it all started,
And how we first met,
I guess this was all destined,
And not co-incident, I bet.

As we met a few more times,
After that special day,
So this must not be co-incident ,
It's destiny, I would  say.

I boldly asked for her number,
To my surprise, she agreed,
We kept in touch with each other,
Once in a while we would meet.

As time goes by, I started to develop,
A special feeling I couldn't omit,
But I was afraid to express my feeling,
Or maybe just my ego, yes, i do admit.

But what I didn't  know,
That destiny was not fate,
Destined to meet, but not fated to last,
When I knew, it was all too late.

I should have lost that ego,
And told her how I felt,
But now it is too late,
For the past, should not be dwelt.

It has been ages since I last wrote a poem, this come back is really bad. Haha. But anyway, jus filling up my time. At least I took the initiative to write something.

The message is : If you like someone, go ahead and express your feelings. The worst you can get is rejection. But at least you have tried and at least you know what the outcome is. Its better than u just wait and not do anything, and before you knew it, your chance is gone. And there is no room for regret. Who knows, that person might have the same feelings as you do. And if you did not make that move, it will be such a waste. 

Make  your move. You could be destined to meet, but perhaps not fated to be together. Or maybe destined to meet anf fated to love?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow