Friday, February 5, 2010

Bulletin Post: Midnight Nail Art

Okay, I was struggling to finish my part in the report. Though it was jus very short, and other people might have laughed their heads off when they knew that I took the whole day to complete a half-page introduction; but I don't quite care if their heads explode or not cause I do admit that I'm a slow reader and find it hard to absorb anything apart from fiction novels. Plus I did not have quite a mood for homework, so I dilly-dallied to God knows what time. Finally, it was done by around 2 something or was it 3? I don't know but nevermind, that is not the major concern here. Well, yeah! I had my toe nails polished weeks ago and the polish are slowly coming off so they look kinda ugly now. I decided that it was time to remove them and then suddenly something came up! I've always wanted to do nail art. Not just sticking some stickers on my nails but you know, drawing on them. I already had some rough ideas on doing something with white and pink (though pink is not my colour but I already bought the polish and never really have the chance to use it) . So, I thought this could be the opportunity that I'm using the pink for a purpose. Coinciding with V Day, I thought I should have some hearts drawn on my nails. Searched for some tutorials on youtube and i found plenty. But I got the design that I wanted from this video. Though it's quite different but it still has the hearts that I wanted them to be.


I really love the 3rd design, it looks so retro and simple.


And another video caught my attention. This is also a very simple design, but hey, I'm not a professional so I think I should just take everything step by step.


HHmmmm..... It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, The Queen of Hearts, don't you think? Okay, if I can get a red nail polish soon, I might be doing that for the coming CNY. Red represents the colour of CNY and the hearts represents Valentine's day which both falls on the same day! PERFECT!

After watching these two videos, I started to practice my nail art skills on my toe nails. Not many people will notice it even if I screw up.


Soft pink and white nail polish.

At first I was thinking of using this toothpick to draw the hearts but then I realized that this just won't work.

Searched my room and I finally found this abandoned hair clip. Well I'm not gonna use it anymore and it has the perfect shape at the end. The free tool to draw my hearts. Lucky me! Pity him!

Ok, as usual apply the base coat and then the white nail polish. When the white is dry, it's time to draw the hearts. Blob a few drops of pink polish on a piece of paper. Looks something like below.


Blobs of pink polish.
Then just dip the tool (in my case hair pin) into the pink polish and start drawing hearts on your nails. Watch the video for the correct method. I did not use a good nail polish so it did not come out just right.

My ugly toe nails(right)

Ugly toe nails (left)

It does not look very nice, it's very messy and my ugly toes contribute alot to this. Overall, this is my first time doing nail art and I did not have all the appropriate tools, and I'm already quite satisfied that I did not ruin it entirely. I'm still hoping for a second chance on The Queen of Hearts design. Well, I wanted to post this right after I did it, but it was already very late and my PC decided to screw up and hang everytime I wanna upload a picture. Plus I had a 9 o'clock class the next morning, so I just delayed it to today. And I'm still surviving! LOLS. Gotta go read stupid articles for assignment! TATA!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow