Monday, February 22, 2010

February F♥urteen

Sorry, this is a very very very long poem. And I spent a few days to write this. I wanted to post this before V Day but din manage to finish writing it. Break a few days for CNY, so I had just completed it. Phew.... Erm... I know my message in this poem is kinda vague, but i hope you get the rough idea.

The month of February,
Is the month of love,
Where we see reds and pinks,
And white lovely doves.

And the climax of the month,
Marks February fourteen,
And not till that day of a year,
I knew what love really means.

Like all couples,
We celebrated the day,
Showering loved ones,
With gifts and bouquet.

All girls fantasize,
For the most romantic events,
Everyone bragged about,
Their wonderful plans.

And mine was a surprise,
At least he said it was,
And I waited and waited,
Till my heart beat paused.

When the day arrived,
I was anxious and thrilled,
My outfits and make-up,
All perfect and skilled.

I wished for a dinner,
With candlelight and steak,
And champagne or cocktail,
Crème brulee and cheesecake.

My wish was fulfilled,
Only half the course,
There were candles and steak,
And champagne of course.

But greedy as I was,
I wanted so much more,
Dinner at a restaurant,
A walk by the shore.

But the surprise he gave me,
Did not please me at all,
Dining on the kitchen table?
A slow dance in the hall?

The feeling of love,
Slowly turned into hate,
I cried and screamed,
And ran out of the gate.

He was puzzled and confused,
And didn’t know what to do,
But he apologized and asked,
“What did I do to hurt you?”

“You hurt me deeply,
By doing nothing,
It’s the worst Valentine,
That I would live my life hating!”

“I dreamt of us both,
Dining on an expensive meal,
And get a fantastic ride,
On a large Ferris Wheel.”

“But all I got was,
Just a celebration at home,
A slow dance and steak,
That you cooked on your own?”

But something that he said,
That completely changed my mind,
“Though Valentine is special,
But love is still blind.”

“Love does not choose,
Certain time or certain date,
Love means sacrifice,
And never knew what was hate.”

“If today is special,
It does not mean I love you more,
And if tomorrow is your dying day,
It’s still you that I’ll adore.”

“Valentine is just the same to me,
As the rest of the days,
And I promise that I will always love you,
Even till my body rots and decays.”

I was filled with egoism,
And just ran away from there,
But something that I didn’t know,
Something, I wasn’t aware.

For a car was coming,
At top speed towards me,
As soon as I knew it,
I just stood there stiffly.

And the next thing I knew,
I was thrown to the side,
As I turned my head around,
One word “No!!” I cried.

Love really means sacrifice,
And do what you think its right,
Even if it was to risk your own life,
You will think that it’s alright.

If it was our last Valentine,
I would eat up all the steaks,
If it was our last dance together,
I wouldn’t stop if there were earthquakes.

If it was his last night with me,
I would hold him tight and say,
I would tell him how much I love him,
In any single day.

If it was the last breath he breathed,
I wouldn’t have ran away,
The car wouldn’t have knocked him down,
On the most perfect Valentine’s Day.

At that moment I prayed to God,
And begged for His forgiveness,
I pleaded him to return me,
My darling, my most precious.

In life we live just once,
Don’t take things for granted,
Learn to love and appreciate,
Avoid envy and hatred.

It’s not too late for you,
To know that love is blind,
Love is just the same on all days,
Not only special on Valentine.

So, my message is actually, Valentine is just like any other days. To love someone, we don't need a timetable or a special occasion. Everyday should be Valentine's Day! And oh, appreciate all the little things we have in life, even if we get a feather for Valentine's, at least it's still a thought.

6 comments:

juney said...

yet another great poem! well done lili <3 i like this! very touching and heartwarming and the words perfectly matched to teach you a valuable lesson

lilimingi said...

omg... really?? i tot i didnt put my words quite right to deliver the message. it's so sweet of u to read it rite till the end.. so sorry to bore u though but anyway... Thank You for ur support! Love U june!

Dorae-ong said...

Wow! Nice poem! You have a wonderful boyfriend.

lilimingi said...

thx for the compliment.. but this poem is fictional.. none of the details are true.. but the msg is true..tank u!

Kim ming said...

Wow...u really had a knack for this. great poem!! Touching story and good choices of words to express the message. Both thumbs up or maybe 4, i should put in my feet.

lilimingi said...

oww kim ming.. thank u for the compliment and support! i hope its not boring.. you're so sweet and cute!!! N i can imagine how u gonna say "Both thumbs up or maybe 4, i should put in my feet." thx alot!!

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow