Monday, February 21, 2011

Levain Boulangerie.Patisserie and Smokehouse

Valentine's day was a week ago and I actually went out with Darling 2 days before to the real day to some sort celebrate the occasion. But I just felt like a normal outing that day and did nothing special. Even the food was nothing in spectacular. I had already blogged about this in the previous few post. So last Saturday darling came to take me out for a replacement celebration. Eventhough we just had lunch and dinner and walked around in Bangsar, I felt "Hing-bukh-keh" = happy..

Because I loved the Food, the Concept of dining and the Company. And on top of that, I tried something new and different. It was a last minute plan because darling asked me out 2 hours before we met. So I had 2 hours to browse for nice place to dine for lunch and for dinner and also get ready for my date =)

Haizz.. thinking back now, I felt so stupid being so stressed up and emo due to the current school work load and being alone for the entire weekend. Thank God darling came to the rescue. After much consideration, I have selected a few choices to go for lunch. One is Poco Homemade and the other which I must and had been wanting to go is Levain. But Levain is more of a Bakery/Patisserie Cafe. Well, they also serve spaghetti and sandwiches but I don't know if darling like that idea. So I just thought of going there to see the place and buy some bread and macarons. But darling said he prefer eating bread and all.. I was a bit shocked but relieved also cause it made everything easier. =) He knew me best.

This bakery cafe thing is really a nice concept and it will be suitable for people who are not looking forward to heavy meals. But the best would be to dine in on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Have brunch there and relax and chat with friends or something. Honestly speaking when I first tried to bake on my own attempt, I felt that it was quite enjoyable and I thought of a new idea for my future cafe. Before I heard about Levain I never knew that there's this Patisserie cafe concept anywhere in Malaysia. So I pandai pandai day-dreaming there thinking about how my future cafe would be like. I even thought of the menu somemore. Plus I already have a name for my cafe.. The Tea-Breakers... hahaha.. dun laugh ok.. I'm not saying that this day-dream thing gonna come true but if it does, I would try to do smtg about it. So dun steal my name. LOLS. Well, I think there would be a 90% chance that it's not gonna happen =( .. One more funny incident. I had a dream one day of eating famous fruit tart/cookie from a bakery called Manhattan Biscotti. I woke up and start searching for that name.. and nothing matched. Haha.. Dreams are not always a sign. It was just a dream.


Ok.. long story short. Just see the pictures k. Sorry some pictures are not in chronological order because I'm too busy to arrange them and no captions for most pictures because I hardly remember the food's name. And I dunno why.. there's something wrong with blogger. All my pictures are messy and some are defected. Haiz..



Fukuya is a Japanese restaurant I think. It's just beside Levain












This is our Lunch

the crust is very sweet and it makes a nice dessert

the topping is omg.. soo yummy

but the baguette is a little too hard, eventhough it was suppose to be hard @.@


chicken curry puff.. the filling is really nice but it would be even nicer if it was steaming hot

this one is also nice

the bread is soo soft larr

sorry couple

I just want the surrounding picture


Cappuccino


Hello ♥



even the curtain has some French feel to it



















almost perfect Bun


Corrected by my cousin Carmen

It's macaron and not macaroon

they are both different

you can google for the differences






this is a very nice macro shot of my macarons





one of the buns bought for darling to bring home


For dinner, we went to Smokehouse in Bangsar. The interior and decorations are based on an English home concept. Looks nice.. They serve Western and Thai cuisines.

Haiz.. sorry bout the pictures.. I dunno how come it came out like that. All my arrangements all gone haywire.


Darling's Thai Fried Rice with shrimps

it was not tasteful enough

not what I expected

hmmm














Thai appetizer

similar to Chinese dumpling "Kauzhi"

but taste totally different

the skin is too thick n tasteless and the filing is not meat

it's groudnuts which was chewy


Lamb shank.. the meat was very soft and tender.. Would give a 10 for the meat

but overall.. maybe a 9 rating



this is an example of a cacat photo which I dunno what happened to it after being uploaded


By the end of the day, everthing was about concept, food and interior.
I love to dine this way. It's just me.
Nowdays, not only the food quality is important. It all comes in a package.


Ok.. so tired d.. and the cacat photos are spoiling my mood.
So I shud just say goodbye.
BYE

4 comments:

juney said...

Ah its POCO homemade, that's the shop i wanted to go from kiminpink :)))

Aww so sweet of your dear and what a blessed day you had. What a happy Lili. I also feel happy. hehe

so cute the thai appetizer. you need to break your post in two parts. lunch and dinner haha too much to seee in one post.

open your tea house bakery concept store one day, i will be your loyal customer.

lilimingi said...

haha.. ya ya.. i realized it after i saw the outside deco of the shop. i knew it looked familiar. nevermind la. one day you can go.

yeah.. tat day was the real V day instead of the previous one. Tank you for feeling happy for me. haha..

the appetizer looks nice la. but not nice to eat. blehhh.. okie.. next time shud break them into 2.. haha..

well you will be a loyal customer like my loyal and only reader now. haha.. by that time, if reli got cafe i would give u special discount. haha.. n maybe can make the cafe like fullhouse. can buy the decorations o smtg.. then u can put some of your accessories and clothes in the cafe n sell there.. haha.

juney said...

you been to POCO di ah?
hehe

that's what friends are for ;) so this is the real deal, special lunch and dinner. i am waiting for my day to come one day.

wow thank you thank you, i love discounts hehe. wah like a combo for you + abit of me.
what a nice dream. i can sleep on it tonight.
sweet dreams

lilimingi said...

haha.. nope i haven been there.. but its at jalan telawi.. there got alot of food and boutiques ler..

nite june.. the day will come for u..

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow