Thursday, April 15, 2010

Love In Time Part 2

The Continuation.

31-12-2008

I saw her again today,

On a wild New Year’s Eve’s night,

Tomorrow will be a whole new beginning,

I hope the New Year will be alright.


I got to know a little more,

A little more about her,

She seems a little mysterious,

And was careful not to blunder.


I don’t know why I have this feeling,

A feeling deep down inside of me,

That this girl I’ve known somewhere,

In a far, far land across the sea.


But then still I was so glad,

That we finally met again,

God had sided me all these while,

“Thank You God, Amen”


It’s much disbelief,

That, how this could have happened,

Meeting a girl whom I thought I knew,

In a foreign place called New England.


I wonder if it’s our destiny,

That we keep bumping into each other,

I would really love to know her more,

And to start a whole new chapter.


I boldly asked her for a date,

Just a simple casual outing,

Nothing too fancy or extraordinary,

Just movies, strolling and dining.


I was overwhelmed when she said yes,

I could almost die,

Though I knew she looked quite reluctant,

But at least she gave it a try.


2-01-2009

The date went fine, the food was great,

It was a night to be remembered,

Since it was our very first date,

We both seemed a little awkward.


But then I knew that this will not,

Be our first and last meeting,

For there’s more to come in the near future,

And I’ll be patiently waiting.


29-03-2009

For the past three months,

We laughed and joked and danced and sang together,

We cried and poured out our heart and soul,

In times of sorrow, we comforted one another.


We seemed to have become great friends,

And I began to love her more,

But I’m afraid to confess my love,

I’m afraid to be rejected and ignored.


And so I kept it to myself,

Hoping for the right time to come,

But when the time is finally here,

I just stood stiff and numb.


2-04-2009

3 long hours, I waited for her,

Outside the cold, dark operating room,

I prayed again and again to God Almighty,

To shine some light upon the gloom.


I need her to be safe,

And want her to be cured,

I want to tell her how much I love her,

And that her whole life will be secured.


Oh God, please give her strength,

Please help her go through the pain,

I need to see her happy face,

She must be healthy again.

Lights off, door opened.

Doctor: I’m sorry but we have tried our best. But Amber would want you to have this letter.


Amber?

I’m sorry that I hid the truth,

And many lies I have told,

But many a time I wanted to run,

And my feelings, I should have controlled.


Yes, my name is Amber,

The Amber that you once knew,

I’m the girl who left you a long time ago,

But still in my heart there’s you.


There was a reason to why I left,

And said those cold hearted words that day,

And now that the time is up,

For me to reveal the truth today.


I found out that I was sick,

And a chance of dying soon,

And therefore I had to leave you,

To deal with my misfortune.


I didn’t want to tell you,

And drag you to my misery,

You’re the best thing that have ever happened to me,

And because of you, I must set you free.


Trust me it was not easy,

For me to bid goodbye,

I miss you each and everyday,

Thinking of you just makes me cry.


When I met you again last year,

It jus made me feel like yesteryears,

I wanted so much to be with you,

But the same time I had my fears.


I tried so hard to avoid you,

But somehow we will still meet,

I guess this must be one of God’s plans,

Another fact I cannot beat.


And so I tried as much as I could,

To hide the truth from you,

And I was glad it went all well,

You didn’t have a clue.


Now I that I am gone forever,

I want you to leave on,

And to know that I still love you,

Let the bygones be bygones.


Keep me and my love,

Forever in your heart,

But please promise me one more thing,

To find love and a brand new start.


And this is the last real goodbye,

Goodbye to you my love,

And if God permits me one more wish,

I’ll be waiting for you up there, high up way above.

Amber.

7 comments:

juney said...

* all teary eyed *

lilimingi said...

walau so fast eh u.. how did u get home so fast.. i tot the bus left d after eugene went up..

juney said...

hh fetched me hehe thankfully. yeah the bus went off! omg. Lili why so sad your poem. sniff sniff. for this part, i almost want to cry at the ending part, i mean i never figured out that it will be the same person.
* all teary and wet eyes* sniff sniff.

lilimingi said...

really??? reallyy??? OMG.. i tot ppl would d realise it half way... haha.. so happy u oso din get a clue... thx for staying rite till the end juney... really appreciate it.. u noe lar.. nobody like poetry d nowdays.. its lame... hhaha.. soli to make u cly ooo... smiiileeee.....

Unknown said...

I also didn't realise til the end...hee..
Its a very well written one... XD

lilimingi said...

tank u darling..

Unknown said...

U're most welcome =)

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow