Thursday, December 23, 2010

Not So Yummy Oreo Flavoured Cookies

Ginger Oreo Bread Man Cookie

Since Christmas is near, I was planning to make something festive. Though I'm not celebrating, it is not gonna stop me from enjoying the festive season. =)

I like gingerbread man cookies because they look cute, not because I like to eat them(not a big fan of ginger). So what am I to do if I wanna make gingerbreadman cookies and cant eat them?

So while I was browsing the various websites and blogs which teaches people how to make easy gingerbread man cookies, I came across a comment on replacing ground ginger with other ingredient. They suggested chocolate or oreo.. And voila, that's how I came about to the idea of Ginger Oreo Bread Man Cookie!

I followed the recipe of gingerbread man cookies from this website but I changed alot of the ingredients. Probably this is also part of the reason that my cookies failed. LOLS. Darling also said they tasted weird. HAHA..

My recipe:

350g / 12oz plain flour

175g / 6oz light soft brown sugar castor sugar

100g / 4oz butter

1 medium egg

4 tablespoons of golden syrup honey

1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

1½ teaspoon of ground ginger ground/crushed oreos

and I did not follow the measurements strictly either.. Excuse: I don't have a kitchen scale =)


Oreo


seal the oreos in a plastic bag securely and roll the rolling pin on it to crush them

Like this


Ok, my hands were all so oily and dirty while making the dough so there are no pictures of them. But I felt weird with my dought because it was not tough like it was supposed to. It was soft and moist and I know it shouldn be like that.. Hmm.. I wonder what is wrong.. Can someone tell me? Not enough flour?


Ok, so I didn't have a man shape cookie cutter..

the dough was soft so I just kinda molded the shapes I wanted using free hand.. sort of like playing play-dough

It's baking It's baking

And there.. when it's baked.. (or I thought it was)

Gingerbread house shape

Xmas Tree shape

Candy Cane shape

Stick man figured shape

And I decorated with some white royal icing

Recipe for royal icing is here

I only used 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and added icing sugar until it's not so watery..


Oh this is MY stick woman oreo breadman cookie

which had been beheaded

Poor Me!

Luckily Darling's Stick man version is all fine, the exact same one in picture #7.


Well, all I can say is that, I don't think I like oreo in this cookie too.. I should probably try chocolate next time..

I wonder what other pastries I can attempt next.. Hmm.. I really wanna try egg tarts.. =)


Oh ya.. Went to Tropicana City Mall with darling and had dinner there.. Errr.. Royal Thao I think, is the name... only 2 pictures.. Hungry d that time..



As usual our favourite order

Pandan leave chicken

And Seafood tomyam..

Yums.. This tomyam is just the exact composition for me..

Not too spicy and can still taste the tomyam-ness and I rich in coconut milk..

If we had ordered the bowl instead of the cup.. I bet I can finish them all (sharing with darling)


Okay, it's been a long and tiring day given the cookie baking and all.. I guess I should stop here now.. See Ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeahh..i want to try the royal icing recipe. looks easy. haha. i thought need to use a whisk or stirrer.

lilimingi said...

hello onn sein.. i dun have those electric wan.. so i just used smtg to stir it..

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow