Friday, May 7, 2010

Bulletin Post: Midnight Snacks with Charlene: I've Never Been To Me

It's 1.40 am and I have a 9a.m paper later and my brain is still quite empty. Imma gonna do well?? I'm doubting it. Staying up late, of course I need something to keep me awake and keep my tummy happy. :)

So I stole my aunt's Golden Bear Biscuit (yummy), aunt's Lexus Choc Sandwich Crackers and also my last layer cake. Sobs.. Gonna top up my rations soon.




Was still disappointed about the paper yesterday. Not only my A had flew away, but I guess I couldn't catch hold of the B too. Well, this is like one of the papers that could help me pull up my CGPA and hopefully would not put me in embarrassment in my graduation. :(

Really didn't have any study mood since study week. Thought I would be more serious when the exam is nearing but I guess I never learn my lessons. And the paper yesterday (i mean Wednesday) didn't help much to strengthen my study mood. Just everytime I opened up my book or looked down on my notes, I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't understand what's written on them. And my mind constantly brought me back to Wednesday. I know we should forget and let go whatever that have passed, but this time is just ain't the same. It's like loosing my final hope and the sun will never rise and shine upon my face ever again.

Okay, stop those sad little pathetic moans... I love listening to Lite fm because they play most of my favourite songs. Yeap, I love oldies and had grew up listening to them. While other kids sang Bla Bla Black Sheep or Barney songs in the car during family trips, I sang along to the songs played on my dad's car's cassette player. And then when I was like 8 I started listening to teen pop songs or modern songs which are now *oldies* lols. Not only till I was 15 I found out about Lite fm and all my *oldies* senses came back. Hee.. I listened to it on my way to school, when I come home from school and when I rushed to finish my homework at night. The songs are so so soothing and its just definitely the right way to start a lovely harmonious day and ease my exhaustion. Still remember during a Math class in school and we were learning about sets or probability smtg like that, teacher surveyed about radio stations. When the time came for Lite fm to be voted, yeah you guessed it right, I raised up my hand boldly. Shamefully I was the only one. Embarrassed... There goes my pride. There's a student name LAME in class. Hell, that should be me!

Neways, I had done silly things like wrote my essays based on the songs I've heard on Lite fm which I remembered clearly - Honesty by Billy Joel. I even wrote lyrics of some other songs as my phrases which had caused me low low marks cause teacher said in essays they shouldn't rhyme.

At the same time I had fallen in love with a few songs that I've never heard before when I was younger. Some are from Lobo, and one of my favs is Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle ( I would wait every night to listen to it if I'm lucky they'd play it. Couldn dw songs last time mar.) And also I loved loved loved 2 songs from Luther Van Ross - Dance With My Father and I'd Rather (my fav)

And one more that I'm listening right now is the title:- I've Never Been to Me by Charlene. It's one of the tops in my list. Gonna post the lyrics here too.. you listen to the song on youtube first and then decide if you like it. But I love it!


Hey lady, you lady, cursing at your life
You're a discontented mother and a regimented wife
I've no doubt you dream about the things you'll never do
But, I wish someone had talked to me
Like I wanna talk to you.....

Oh, I've been to Georgia and California and anywhere I could run
I took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free
I've been to paradise but I've never been to me

Please lady, please lady, don't just walk away
'Cause I have this need to tell you why I'm all alone today
I can see so much of me still living in your eyes
Won't you share a part of a weary heart that has lived million lies....

Oh, I've been to Niece and the Isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht
I've moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

[spoken]
Hey, you know what paradise is?
It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
But you know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, it's that man you fought with this morning
The same one you're going to make love with tonight
That's truth, that's love......

Sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children that might have made me complete
But I took the sweet life, I never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I've spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that costs too much to be free
Hey lady......
I've been to paradise, (I've been to paradise)
But I've never been to me
I love the 2 last stanzas alot. I used to listen to this on my way to skool if I'm lucky. Hee.. And had always looked forward to this song. Whenever they started to play it I would jumped off my chair and turned up the volume. 
Well, looks like I've been very long here. So gonna enjoy this song that I had jus downloaded. Heee... :) and oh, of course.... ***STUDY*** blahhh...



4 comments:

juney said...

Aint it just the same here.
i hope i can even catch a C!
POS really caught us off guard!
the toughest paper is also the last! so scaredscared!

work hard too lils. we should just try to study as much as we can!

welcome to Lili.fm hehe lolx

lilimingi said...

haha.. hope we will pass all subs.. Yupe.. ur my first listener then..

juney said...

2nd lo
because your darling is always the fastest to tune in to your channel hehe

lilimingi said...

haha.. both oso my supporter..

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow