Friday, January 8, 2010

Restaurant Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh in Puchong

Sorry for my disappearance for the last few days. Don’t know why, my internet settings had gone haywire. Thankfully I’ve got a smart darling who helped me settled it. I’m so proud of him and definitely feel lucky to have him and I guess I have God to thank for. Thank You Lord.

Referring to the title above, yes, me and my brother’s family went to eat at Restaurant Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh in Puchong, after baby Marcus’s check up with the doctor. We decided to eat there since it was so near (a few shops away). I went in and expected for a normal, usual bak kut teh meal. But instead I got a shock when they served. When we ordered our meal, I already felt something was weird about this shop for they do not serve yau char kuai ( my most favourite side dish ) and they only have white rice. Indeed I was right. This bak kut teh restaurant is really different. I did not take many pictures, just three to show how different it was.

Normal bak kut teh …..



Usually, all the types of meat that we ordered will be in one clay pot together with the sensational herbal tea soup. SLURRRPPPP … And also some beancurd skin and different types of mushrooms. All in one pot. But this restaurant serves each type of meat in a bowl individually. I searched for this restaurant online and it’s actually a famous restaurant in Klang. So basically, the pictures were taken after we’ve eaten, not much left to see…








But I can tell you here that they only serve the meat, no beancurd skin or mushroom. Vegetable is side order. Another thing, together with the meat in the bowl, was thick liquid (which is actually the soup) but we thought it was the gravy. So we asked for the soup, and they added the same gravy into the bowls and at that moment we realized that the gravy was actually the soup. It’s just that it’s thicker from the usual type of bak kut teh. So I think it should be good, cause the taste will be stronger right. But it’s not so “syok” because I like to drink the soup and not make it as gravy. Here’s a clearer picture which I stole from somewhere else and this might give you a clearer picture on how your meal might be served.


Overall, it’s a unique experience for I’ve never encounter this style of bak kut teh before. It might have been popular since long long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth (Iols, just a metaphor adapted from She’s The Man starring Amanda Bynes). But I like to have more soup, and also my favourite side dish, Yau Char Kuai. I so “gian chiak” the yau char kuai lor. I will feel something amiss if I have bak kut teh without it. But credits to Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh for:


1) The unique experience
2) And the meat was so soft and tender, so yummy…

So, if those of you who haven’t tried, like me lor, can go try it out yourself. You’ll never know until you have it. So long for this post!

4 comments:

Dorae-ong said...

So many thing you eat also not fat, not fair, ha ha.

Dorae-ong said...

I eat a bit already fat, very not fair, ha ha.

lilimingi said...

haha.. mr ong.. surrender to destiny... i might get fat later.. but the worse part is.. nv get fat but get sickness..

Jessyca said...

I think the soup is so-so nia :p

Post a Comment

Capture D' Moments

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow